2015-2017 – I developed the syllabi for a new postgraduate course on Archives and Algorithms (7.5 credits).
2016 – I developed the syllabi for an online undergraduate course on Media activism and alternative media (15 credits, online education, in Swedish).
Since 2012 I have been administering, teaching, examining and supervising undergraduate and postgraduate degree work at Malmö University, Södertörn University and Uppsala University in Sweden, in the following courses:
- (2012) Research methods (7.5 ects), Part of masters program Communication for Development, Malmö University
- (2012, 2013) Degree Project (15 ects), Part of masters program Communication for Development, Malmö University
- (2012) Strategic communication and urban development (30 ects), Malmö University
- (2014) Environmental communication (7.5 ects), Södertörn University
- (2013, 2014) The Media landscape (7.5 ects), Södertörn University
- (2014) Media history: theory of ideas (7.5 ects), Södertörn University
- (2014, 2015) Media and law (7.5 ects), Södertörn University
- (2014, 2015) Media activism (30 ects), Södertörn University
- (2015, 2016) Digital Media Technologies: Production and Literacy (15 ects). Responsible for the module on Archives and Algorithms (7.5 ects).
- (2016) Communication theory (7.5 ects)
- (2016) Media, culture and society (7.5 ects)
- (2016, 2017) Media activism and alternative media (15 ects, online)
- (2018) MA thesis supervisor (5 students), MA program “Culture, Collaborative Media and Creative Industries” at the Malmö University, MA thesis supervisor in “Communication for Development” program (1 student). Also, guest lecturer in a course on Environmental Communication, Södertörn University.
- (2019) Co-teaching a new course on Datafication – critical perspectives, University of Helsinki, and supervising MA theses of students from Södertörn and Uppsala universities.
- (2019) Guest lecturer in the Helsinki Summer School on “Digital Transformation of State and Society in Russia”, University of Helsinki. (slides)
- I have been a supervisor of a number of undergraduate and postgraduate theses in Media and Communication studies.
- I am convinced that academic life should not make impossible the joy of having a family, so I have also taken parental leave during parts of 2013, 2014, 2017 and 2018 in order to be with my two children.